This is a long one, sit back and relax!

My holiday was great; I didn't realize how much I missed the UK. It was nice to stay and hang out with my family and old friends; it makes a difference being with people you have a history with. I felt so comfortable; my old British self came out along with my natural accent (not all the time though) but it almost like I felt like I was speaking a different language. It was nice the one day I went uptown to London when some guy happened to ask me for directions to Shaftsbury Avenue, and amazingly I was able to tell him even though the last time I was in London was three years ago.
I stayed with Jasmeet for the first three nights, we hung out with her two kids and caught up on a lot. Jas, I miss you tons!

I then visited Joice, she's an old family friend that used to work along with my parents on two separate occasions back in the British Telecom days as we all worked there at one point in time. She's now become our adopted grandmother as she's visited us in Canada many times and it is planning on being there for my brother's wedding even though she's not as healthy as she used to be.

I stayed with my cousins Jackie and Debbie along with Jackie's son Thomas. It was nice to see them and where they live, as the last time I was around they were just about to receive the keys for their place. We also had a lot to catch up on as well as to see how fast Thomas has grown. In the photo below from left to right: Debbie, Me, Kim and Jackie. We all went to Greenford High School.

I then took off to Cornwall to meet the Foremans at their caravan. They paid for my ticket, which was so sweet and thank you so much Audrey. It was nice to spend time with them as my last trip I only got to see them for one evening.

From Cornwall I took three trains to get to Poole, I felt like I was on a tour of the southern part of the UK, it took a bloody long time, but I got to go to Bristol and pass through the beautiful city of Bath where I have an uncle. I stayed with my cousin Claire and her family. It was wonderful to be with her and her family as I only saw Claire once since she left Greenford in her teens it was a good opportunity to get to know them all, and be a family. Thank you Claire, Ty, Brandon and Bradley

I stayed two nights in Claire's home then back to London via the National Express bus, a lot faster than the train. I then stayed with Denise, my mum's good friend, and someone I've known since I was four! I got to spend some time with Racheal, which was great but too bad we didn't have time to go out together. Oh, well next time! I took off on a Saturday and visited my Uncle Nicky and his family and I realize that I didn't get a photo of everyone but I did get one of Kelly and her husband. It was so comforting to be with them all and catching up with Kelly, Louise and Luke who are all doing well and let me tell ya they are one good looking family!

I managed to get one day to go uptown, too bad I didn't have more time. Debbie came up too; we started off early at Oxford Circus then onto regent Street. We popped into Hamely's and didn't venture upstairs, as we know we both could spend the day there, as Hamley's is the wickness toy store ever! There are toys everywhere with employees demonstrating some of the toys it reminded me off the one Christmas where all the aunts in the family rounded up all the kids and off we went to Hamley's to visit Santa - a treasured memory!!! We spent some time in Soho, a place that I would love to live in, even if it's a tiny flat I really don't mind! We had lunch in a Korean restaurant, as I wanted Deb to try out some food, which she liked. Did some shopping bought some sexy boots then it was dinner in one of my favourite restaurants in Soho, Jimmy's a Greek restaurant that Denise's husband had started going to like 30 years ago when he was attending St. Martins School of Art. I totally recommend the restaurant.

Last stop in the UK was again with Jasmeet as she has promised for each time I come she would pick me up and drop me off as it's her duty, and I thank her so much. I love it when I get to see her at the airport and she has the biggest welcoming smile that can't be beaten! We met up with our high school friends Caroline and Susheela as well as their children. They are both doing well and I can't believe how big the kids are, it's amazing how fast kids grow.

I flew to Hong Kong and had three nights with Cherie and Coby, I was planning on spending time on the beach as my suitcase was overweight and financially I was getting thin. However Hong Kong had other plans as it rained the whole time forcing me inside. I took off one day to the art museum and it was closed as usual as this always was the always the case even when I lived there!!! I did though get my hair done as a way to kill time. Oh well

Cherie lives on the 38th floor and interestingly her landlord was my old boss from when I lived there back in 2000

Now I'm back at work, it's hard to get back into the routine of things. Nayan is currently staying with me however he's leaving for India on Tuesday and now I have a place to stay in India!!! :P I will miss him!
That's all folks thanks for reading :)


Anonymous said...

Miss you too!!