19/07/2008

Calgary Craigslist find: Tulip Dining Set

I'm so excited to find this set, I've been following websites like Design Sponge or Decor 8, I love what people have done. You can check them out in my favourites on Flickr as well as other things that tickle my fancy!

Also I really am inspired by artisans like Thomas Wold who created the amazing "Fractured Fairy Tales"


Or Danny Seo the "environmentalist lifestyle expert" who finds a greener creative approach to everyday living.  With some simple ideas to create some unique and fun alternatives.  Like painting your old fridge with chalkboard paint which serves two purposes like covering the ugliness as well as being functional art or lists.

I used to collect the Readymade magazines when I lived in Korea, as "What the Book" is an awesome store that you can order books online (for those in Seoul, Korea) with them as they're connected with U.S. Amazon.  So really for a Canadian gal like me  getting mags or books there was cheaper as some publishers still refuse to see that the Canadian dollar is just about on par with the U.S. dollar or is sometimes stronger but yet the pricing is still higher for Canadians which sucks!!!  Anyway the main point here was the fact that I was telling you to go get a Readymade mag, you won't be disappointed, or click and check out the website!

Well that was the highlight of my day the other part was me stuck in the South of Calgary with an overheated engine with steam pouring out of my hood.  Got that fixed just before my hour long drive home, luckily it happened here and not on the highway!  Once I got home and made myself a tuna sandwich as my brother recommended last night, well I broke my tooth in half :(

It's a sign of good things to happen, he he he he!  Happy weekend all!

0 comments: