29/08/2008

The Old House


The Old House, originally uploaded by Shazzbazz draws the Line!.

A neighbor found photos of our house and the land. His family has been here for decades, I think it was his grandfather that built this house, I'm not so sure. But it's pretty cool to see how it used to be.

We are not sure of when the house was built some say it was built 1900 but others think it was 1910 or possibly a decade later. Anyhow it's still standing but it does need a lot of work. I'm a bit worried about the winter as I've been spoilt by my last apartment with it's warm floors as Korean homes are heating through the floors. But this house.... the insulation isn't finished and many walls are open as we are still going through renovations.

It's a cute home that my parents fell in love with.




0 comments: