25/05/2005

Store Wars and Global Bumping!

Need a laugh? Check out this video Store Wars

Well the plan is to visit the 3rd World Ceramic Biennale.
Still not sure how I will get there, but I’m sure that I can figure it out. It seems that Greg Payce has a piece there; I think that he’s doing some kind of video installation these days, but it would be funny if he’s there. I once saw him when I read that he was giving a presentation in Hong Kong. So I phoned up and told them who I was in relation to Greg (Greg is an instructor at the Alberta College of Art & Design where I attended). So we got front row seats, I say we meaning Cherie and Tanya, my roomies but also alumni. He had quite the face when he walked in and saw us, unfortunately for us we have seen his presentations before, but it was good to have a bit of home in HK. I later met him again a couple of months later at an opening at The New Gallery in Calgary. He actually asked me if we should just start planning to meet instead of just bumping into each other.

You never know whom you could bump into even if you’re living in a tent in Mongolia nibbling on some boiled piece of meat that you’d rather not know about!

0 comments: