27/06/2006

India Arie


What an amazing song. I loved the lyrics...

I Am Not My Hair
Breast Cancer and Chemotherapy
Took away her crown and glory
She promised God if she was to survive
She would enjoy everyday of her life ooh
On national television
Her diamond eyes are sparkling
Bald headed like a full moon shining
Singing out to the whole wide world like HEY...

I am not my hair
I am not this skin
I am not your expectations no no
I am not my hair
I ma not this skin
I am a soul that lives within

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That's beautiful, Sharon. Thanks for sharing it... nice words to remember. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sharon. Long time. I used to be Jas' boyfriend back then? Jas just told me about your site. Lovely stuff. She says you're also coming down the UK. Hope it coincides with India.Arie's tour later this month. You take care.
Akin