22/03/2007

What have I done?

So Thursday was a roller coaster day of emotional meltdowns and crazy energy. It started off with me walking into school then being called to see the vice principal. I apparently did something wrong on the network that I have to use in order to sign out of school, however the network is all in Korean with millions of options which would take me forever to do it alone. So I get help each time I need to leave early even though I had teacher training at the educational office; faxes, emails and phone calls have been placed beforehand for my permission~! It turned into a large fiasco as the vice principal wanted to know who helped me even though neither of us can communicate well to each other as we are equally poor with each other’s language. SO my whole office got involved which was starting be really uncomfortable. One teacher was looking at me and laughing even though I looked on with a serious face, everyone is talking but just laughing when they looked at me. By that time I was about to blow my top, I can take it most days but today was not that day, I lost it as I constantly have two teachers in my office who mock my poor Korean abilities – like that’s going to help me learn, and to think these are teachers???
Then the day was much better after that but I was really low and was close to running away. Luckily the kids were great and also uplifted my spirits. Come lunchtime I decided not to join for lunch as I usually sit there trying hard to understand the conversation but they speak so fast. By the time I left school my nasty migraine form the day before came back. However I was excited to get home as the moving guy was coming over with some baskets for me to pack, and a lady wanted to check out my stove I have for sale.
I got home and did some tornado style cleaning and within half an hour my place was tidy, clean and vacuumed!!! I met my potential buyer and was pleased as we hit it off immediately and I think I can say that I found a new friend. She was so happy that I had the stove and after she checked the size she handed me the money, whahoo~! Then the moving guy came he looked at each room and was asking what I was taking, in fact it was easier to say what I wasn’t taking. He then changed the original price and plan saying that I need two 1ton trucks and three men to come and help which meant that the cost went up by $150!!! I wasn’t buying it but thank goodness the lady was still there as she turned to me and said her husband moves people in his truck – what timing! I felt bad that the guy carried all the baskets but I’m so lucky that she was there as I would have paid seeing that I move tomorrow.
Realizing that I don’t have the baskets anymore I was in desperate need of boxes so off I went on a box hunt as there’s always some around on the streets or by the shops, but not last night! So instead I stopped off at the all time favourite Indigo for some fish and chips and again I forgot to bring my packets of malt vinegar that I swiped from a pub in the UK, he he he.
I got home after walking around my hilly neighborhood with tons of energy and packed the few small boxes I had with the most creative packing yet! So now my apartment is almost ready I’m at school waiting for someone to come to the office to help me sign out again so that I can leave early and go home and finish the packing. So who knows what Monday morning will be like, I guess I should embrace myself. But I must admit I’m a little nervous as I only have two guys helping and many girlfriends I hope we can carry the heavy stuff out. Wish me luck! ;P

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

I hope your move went well, and that the last couple of days at work were better than last Friday.

Sharon said...

The move went well, however my stress level was up. Many people woke up late and were one to two hours late, good thing I was able to hire cheap labour! Now I have the daunting task of unpacking. Yay!